Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Night Journey


I pause in the night
And listen to the sounds
That call me to take a journey.

The heartbeat that moves the earth
Is the same that fills my body
With the resonance of a deep drum,
Beating and beating.

My breathing takes on the rhythm
Of a song that moves me closer to my destination
Through time and space and yet to travel so far and not move
Defies my own beliefs and confirms them at the same time.

Like the child who plays in a world of make believe,
I venture into a place where I can create, destroy and change,
But above all observe.

It feels like spirits gently guide me
And I am given the opportunity to experience
Each breath like it was my first. Maybe on some level it is.

With my wife at my side I reach for her hand
In silence and I invite her to join me.
Immediately the mysterious becomes the obvious as we both sit
Underneath a darkened sky,

Basking underneath the stars.
I close my eyes and smile with contentment
Of this moment, this place, this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment